134 E. Pine Avenue
Built in 1903. This was the home of Reverend Harvey Powers. He was known as the organizing mayor for the village government in Meridian in 1903. He was also a Methodist/Protestant Minister. Reverend Powers traveled to the area from Powersville Missouri where many early Meridian settlers originated. He officiated many early local weddings and funerals; he was knows as the man for all of the days “marryin’ and burying”.
Meridian historian Lila Hill presents the Powers House: