124 E. Idaho Avenue
Built in approximately 1912 this building was originally occupied by Sharp’s Harness Co. In 1916 the harness shop moved over onto Broadway Avenue and this building became the long-time home of Rice Pharmacy. There is evidence that there were living quarters in the back because of a separate entrance through a gateway. There was an apartment in the rear of the building with a little garden where the pharmacist and his family lived. A separate entrance can still be seen through a gateway.
Meridian historian Lila Hill presents the Rice Pharmacy: