1. Is there a written exam as part of the hiring process?
No. MFD does not hold a written exam as part of our hiring process.
2. Is there a physical test as part of the hiring process?
No. Only once a conditional job offer is received, would a new hire need to take and pass a physical exam which is administered by the department physician. This includes a blood draw and stress test.
3. Is there an age limit to apply?
Applicants must be at least 18 years older to apply.
4. Does MFD hire women?
5. Do I have to be a U.S. citizen to apply?
U.S. Citizenship is not required to apply. However, candidates must have the proper status (green card, work visa, etc.) to work legally in the United States.
6. How do I receive Veterans Credit in the testing process?
On your application, make sure you select Veterans Preference. It is also recommended to attach a copy of you DD214 to your application.
7. What happens if I am successful in the review and interview processes and my name is placed on an eligibility list?
When the needs of the Department dictate, the top candidates on the eligibility list will move to the next step in the selection process. Candidates will remain on the eligible list for 12 months.