Thank you for your desire to make Meridian a great place to live, work and play!
Weekly Scheduled Volunteer Opportunities
Front Desk Volunteer
- Greet & direct citizens at Meridian City Hall
- Answer general questions regarding Meridian
- Friday Mornings from 8 - 10 am
- Patrol Meridian parks by answering questions citizens may have
- Notify Park staff if any facilities needs attention
- Trash pick up & complete small projects for parks
Currently recruiting for Kleiner, Settlers, and Tully Parks
Volunteer Projects and Special Event Opportunities
Christmas in Meridian: Winter Lights Parade
Friday, December 1, 2023
Volunteers needed from 6 - 9 pm
Come help keep the crowds safe during the parade and tree lighting ceremony!
Christmas in Meridian: Children's Winterland Festival
Saturday, December 9, 2023
Meridian Boys and Girls Club
Help with Christmas themed crafts and games for this fun event for children in the community
Shifts: 8 – 11 am, 11 am – 2 pm, & 2 – 4 pm
Girl Scout Gold Award & Eagle Scout Merit Badge Project Guidelines
The Meridian Parks and Recreation Department is a proud supporter of Girl and Boy Scouts who wish to complete Gold Award and Eagle Scout Award projects within Meridian’s city parks.
We are able to partner with only a few of the many scouts who apply each season. Your project proposal is most likely to be accepted when:
- The project will have a lasting legacy in our city.
- The project is not too simple or too complex- it meets the Scouting organization's requirements and can be completed with limited parental or adult involvement.
- The project proposal includes detailed information about project materials and expenses.
- The scout communicates professionally (in phone calls, meetings, emails, etc.) with the city coordinator.
- The project proposal is submitted well in advance.
Staff Appointed Projects - There are no Staff Appointed Projects available at this time. Please submit your original proposal here ».