18 E. Idaho Avenue
Built in 1913 the Interurban Depot was a crucial part of industry for early Meridian. The west third of the building was originally a passenger and freight depot for the Interurban Electric Railway and also housed the generator and freight and ticket offices. Following the closure of the Boise Valley Traction Company in May 1928 the building was vacant and went up for sale. In 1930 a local Occident Club purchased the property and converted it into the first library branch. The ladies paid for the building by serving hot sandwiches at the state fair, holding dances, card parties etc. The club started the City library and later added the eastern 2/3 of the building as more space was needed. The library eventually moved across town and in more recent years the building has housed a wide variety of businesses.
Meridian historian Lila Hill presents the Interurban Depot: