The Mayor’s Faith Ambassadors is a caring organization comprised of community neighbors and faith leaders dedicated to serving our community. Established as effective communication and service link, the Faith Ambassadors have enhanced the well being of all Meridian citizens.
Members of the Mayor's Faith Ambassador Council
- Advise the Mayor of critical issues pertaining to youth development, engagement, and involvement;
- Share information with clergy and their respective congregations of opportunities and critical needs;
- This includes, but it not limited to disseminating information via a bulletin, flyer, email distribution lists, etc.;
- Serve as a liaison between each congregation and the community;
- Facilitate a dialog within each congregation for civic engagement;
- Attend monthly meetings (substitutes are requested when the ambassador is unable to attend); and
- Assist in recruiting volunteers and participate in local events that support families and children.