In a single record breaking year, MADC's prevention work reached more than 21,000 community members at 70+ events. We need your help to continue these efforts. There are a variety of ways individuals and organizations can get involved. Please consider a donation of time, skill and/or fiscal sponsorship to help sustain this important work.
Donation of Time
- 30 minutes a month or less: prevention delivered to your inbox. Learn about upcoming prevention events, drug trends impacting our youth, and much more in two monthly prevention updates. (None of your contact information will be shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.) Click here to sign up for twice monthly MADC emails.
- 1-2 hours a month: join us at MADC's monthly meetings to learn more about the work we do, volunteer opportunities, and meet community partners. Learn more about our meetings.
- 2+ hours a month: by serving in a one year leadership position as a Sector Representative you can help develop and select prevention strategies and programming the coalition will include in their strategic plan. Click here if you would like to learn more about the position or let staff know you are interested in serving as a Sector Representative.
- You choose... let us know how you would like to get involved, what skills you would like to share, or volunteer to help run one of our booths at a community event. Times and dates vary. Click here to get involved.
Donation of Money
If you choose to make a cash donation, any amount will help support the work we do and 100% of your donation will go to strengthening our community through the implementation of substance abuse prevention strategies. From $5.00 for a single prevention packet that teaches families how to use a drug test as a positive prevention tool, to $7000 to show prevention education Public Service Announcements created by Meridian youth at the Village Theater, your contributions are a vital part of the work we do! The following are examples of how funds are used:
- Drug Free School Zone Signs, $370/year: Meridian Anti-Drug Coalition supplies West Ada School District with Drug Free School Zone signs to be posted in highly visible areas on each campus. MADC works continuously to ensure new schools receive signs and old unreadable signs are replaced.
- Sparklight Movie Night, Single Night Sponsorship, $600/year: in years past our prevention education has reached more than 1000 community members during a single Sparklight movie night. Prevention education at this event includes a brief introduction of MADC’s work presented by the coalition’s director and a two-minute onscreen educational message. In addition, we setup our fun and interactive education booths featuring free Polaroid pictures as part of the Natural High Campaign, trivia contests, Impaired Vision Goggles and Parent Prevention Packets (with free drug tests).
- Prevention Education Giveaways, $800/year: the following items have a prevention education message/function and are given to community members as we implement prevention strategies throughout the year- Timer Caps, K9 Trading Cards, THC Swab Tests, BAC Key Chains, Bookmarks and Polaroid Film for the Natural High Campaign, Red Ribbon Week Items (Frisbees, Pens & Pencils, Lanyards, Bracelets)
- Prevention Training, $1000/year: MADC supports its members and partners’ attendance at the Annual Idaho Conference on Alcohol & Drug Dependency and the Idaho Prevention & Support Conference. If funding is available, MADC Executive Committee members may request to have their registration fees reimbursed.
- Drug Tests, $1,500/year: As part of our Prevention Packets we teach families how a free drug test can be used as a positive prevention tool, empowering youth to make safe decisions when faced with peer pressure. Prevention packets are available through: West Ada School District Parent Information Classes (held monthly during the school year), Back to School Nights, Parent Teachers Conferences, MADC Speaking Engagements and Community Events. Downloadable Prevention Packet (PDF)
- Movie Theatre Public Service Announcements (PSAs), $7000/year: MADC works with local youth to create substance abuse prevention PSAs to be shown at The Village Theatre. We choose two months during the winter holidays and the summer (peak movie going seasons) to show these locally created 30 second PSAs.
- Alcohol Compliance Check & Shoulder Tap Operations, $7,600/year: working directly with law enforcement MADC’s goal is to implement two of these evidence based strategies each year to reduce underage drinking. Retail establishments that are not issued a citation receive a certificate of compliance and a thank you letter from MADC.
Please note: additional sources of support include grant funding, fiscal sponsorships and in-kind donations. The City of Meridian's Finance Department serves as the coalition's fiscal agent. Donations of $25 or more are eligible for a Tax Deduction Letter sent upon request once monthly. Checks payable to: City of Meridian- MADC, 1401 E. Watertower St. Meridian ID 83642.