In general, all picnic shelters, the bandshell, outdoor tennis/pickleball courts, ball fields, multi-use fields, and cornhole boards are reservable, pending availability, starting the first business day of February at 8:00 am.
Online reservations are not allowed for the following event types and/or events with the following components. Please call our office at (208) 888-3579 to discuss:
- Food Truck(s) and vendor(s) at events
- Tournaments, leagues, or camps
- Fundraiser (walk, jog-a-thon, benefit concert, etc.)
- Special events that change the normal use of the park
- Bounce houses with non-picnic shelter facility reservations and events with more than two bounce houses
- Caterer or specialty business serving alcohol
- Selling, serving or giving away items to the public in the park
Frequently Asked Questions
Parties are required to start clearing the shelter 10-15 minutes prior to the 2pm deadline so that they are completely out of the shelter by 2pm. Between the hours of 2pm and 4pm, the Parks maintenance crew clean shelters and prepare them for the next reservation at 4pm.
Yes, but there are specific conditions that need to be discussed with our Parks and Recreation staff. Please call our office at (208) 888-3579 to discuss having a food truck at your event.
- Inflatable bounce houses and other inflatables can only be used as part of a permitted event at a picnic shelter. For other reservable spaces, please call our office at (208) 888-3579.
- Water Features are prohibited from the park; including bounce houses with water slides, misters, dunk tanks, slip & slides, mini pools, etc.
- If having more than 2 bounce houses, additional permitting is required so please call our office at (208) 888-3579 to discuss.
- Vehicles MAY NOT drive on turf or other non-driving surfaces to unload or pickup bounce houses.
- Bounce houses may not be set-up prior to the paid reservation start time and must not be left in the park after the paid reservation end time.
Alcohol is prohibited in Meridian City parks except for properly permitted private or special events, or with a paid picnic shelter reservation. Properly permitted private or special events and paid picnic shelter reservations do not require an alcohol permit if alcohol is not being sold or served by a specialty business. The sales or service of alcohol by a specialty business is prohibited without proper permitting from the Meridian City Clerk’s Office.
NO GLASS containers are allowed in City of Meridian parks. Personal consumption of alcohol is limited to the boundaries of the shelter. All state and local laws regarding the possession and consumption of alcohol apply.