Bulky items are items too large for your trash cart, such as chairs and appliances (e.g., dishwashers).
Schedule pickup of items by calling Republic Services at 208-345-1265. All items must be scheduled by 5 p.m. the day before your regular scheduled service day.
- Each household is limited to 7 bulky items.
- Place items 3 feet from your trash cart by 7 a.m. on your regular trash day.
- Bulky items that DO NOT contain Freon™ are free during this event.
- For Freon™ appliances (e.g., refrigerators, A/C units), the regular $68.59 fee still applies. This fee is added to your utility bill.
- Outside of large appliances, bulky items may not weigh more than 60 pounds.
- For real Christmas tree disposal, please see the Tree Recycling » page.
- Please note, bulky items are collected by a separate truck, which may come at a different time than your regular trash pickup.
NOT Accepted: *
- Basketball hoops with cement footings attached
- Business waste
- Car parts
- Construction & demolition debris
- Electronic Waste » (e.g., rechargeable batteries and computer items)
- Fence posts
- Hot tubs
- Household Hazardous Waste » (e.g., mercury-containing items and chemicals)
- Real Christmas trees
- Tires (bring these to the Ada County Landfill »)
- Tube TVs
* Please remember that rechargeable batteries can cause fires. These batteries can become damaged when compacted in the collection trash trucks and damaged batteries cause fires.